Thursday 2 July 2009

Tripping I

Deer’s eyes.

Past 2AM, some are watching the trees and cars passing by, some are sleeping
Still I can hear the stereo as low as it is, the music is like a danceable lullaby.
The tired driver is quiet and his hands on the wheel move automatically, but his mind’s far away. The straight road is taking us as far as his eyes can see.
I saw some deer’s eyes, scared as they run back to the wild.
Our clothes are messed up, or skin dirt and our bones tired, at least for me.
It seems like we are the only ones in the world, us and the others 3 cars around.
Driving straight. No one with the strength to accelerate.
I hear a snore from my back that slowly fades away.
A whispering conversation, a goodnight.
In a moment we will stop and wave goodbye to the other cars. Someone else will drive and we will find our way into the night.

we are the dying ones right now

No comments:

Post a Comment